Thursday 10 March 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #164

Hey!

Sorry I have been so quiet here, I'm just about feeling as near to 100% that I am going to get after all the bugs and illnesses, plus almost caught up on other jobs in the studio! 

Anyway, thanks for sticking around and I am back today with a card for the new challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches HERE. This week is sketch week and our hostess Jane has a fun sketch for you to try...




Jane would really like you to keep the square element square, but if you think 'outside the box' this sketch has LOTS of potential! 

Here is what I came up with...




Firstly I decided to use the recently released & popular Beautiful Blooms III clear stamp set (due back in stock on the 23rd March & available for pre order HERE). 

I then turned to the current Uniko Challenge colours seen HERE and below, there is still time to join in and be in the chance of winning a eGift Certificate to spend in store.




I'm not sure if I have used this die cut technique before, so I thought I would used it for my card. I simply placed and traced round my square die, so I knew where to stamp my flower and sentiment. I then die cut the square and adhered the main white mat layer to the pink card base using DST and adhered the die cut square using foam adhesive.




I love the dimension and how the colour of the base card peeks through without overpowering the image. 

Ok, that's all from me just now, but be sure to check out the CC&S design team samples and inspiration HERE and I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery :)

Thanks for stopping by today.

8 comments:

  1. Simple but oh so effective! Lovely Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a Queen of CAS! This is simply gorgeous. I do like just a hint of pink behind the popped up image! Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your "outside the box"thinking! Great design and colours! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outside the box stamping - we both had similar ideas there! Love the tiny peek of colour your technique gives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the way the flower falls off the edge of the square, it really adds depth. And this is so CAS. Your whole card is just making me smile :) Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love the position of your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this card - the hint of colour from the card base is a great idea. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That delicately colored bloom is so pretty! The little hint of color peeking out from behind the die cut square is a great idea - I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated