Thursday 3 March 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #163

Hey!

Welcome to another challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches, a new month and a new hostess. This month Jane is our hostess and she is kicking the month off with a FAB colour challenge...




I'm not a lover of greens, they scare me a little! So, I took the easier route and went with floral for my card...



I'm not quite back up to full on mojo crafting after being ill and the result isn't quite what I had planned but it is growing on me! 




I hadn't planned on a watercolour wash type background behind the flowers it just kinda happened after I wiped the excess ink from the embossed flower. My baby wipe was wetter than I thought and spread the colour from the flower, so I just went with it and swiped some more!

I've used the Cucumber Crush green in the stems and the sequins (not quite the same shade but as close as I have). and the Mint Macaron is layered behind the stamped panel. The sentiment is from the new Simply Said clear stamp set and the flowers are from Pure Florals: Cosmos.

That's all from me today, be sure to check out the challenge and DT samples HERE and I look forward to seeing you in the gallery.


9 comments:

  1. Well here's to happy accidents, the baby wipe smooshing looks so effective! Take care and get back to full health - and crafting energy - soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bev!
    I love this Happy accidental watercolor look! it's gorgeous and pretty sequins! Take care of your health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful accident, the background looks stunning and so do the flowers, a gorgeous card, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been ill Bev. Beautiful card, I love the softness that you've achieved with these colours in your design. Take care! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning! Love the colours and the lovely rich looking flowers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful accident! Love this card - especially the layered pennant/banners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the watercolour wash, accidental or not. :) Such a beautifully CAS card. Hope you feel better. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ferreals - this is your "not up to full mojo" work? I think it's amazing! I love the soft background behind the stunning blossoms. The white outlines are a great look, something I never think to do. I also really like the layout of your card - might we possibly see it again as one of the sketch challenges when it's your turn as CC&S hostess? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it - it's beautifully CAS and the layout is perfect. The clever white lines are, like Patricia, not something I ever think of. Lush :) Caro x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated